Support runs into the following situation quite often.
- we need to rma a controller in HA system
- the other controller is turned off/failed/broken etc etc
- we ship a new controller running current version
- before new controller is received, we have to upgrade their active controller because of a production impacting issue (memory leak for example)
- new controller is shipped running old version of software, with no database config
Because the new controller doesn't have same version of software and because we didn't ship a config database, we have a VERY hard time actually getting remoted into that controller.
So we have to play this song and dance of getting IPMI set up, manually set IP address from CLI using ifconfig, and then change ssh config manually and then download new version of software and install it etc etc.
It would be nice to have a command that support could issue (using hactl) to enable SSH on that controller so that we can SSH into it via the heartbeat interface and move from there.