We should add support for custom catalogs in the UI. We have the following points which we want to achieve:
1) Allow creating/updating/deleting custom catalogs ( api is `catalog.query/create/update/delete` )
2) Allow selecting version of application to install.
3) Add docker images support ( related to
NAS-108322, we can close that ticket as other parts are done and just docker images support is left )
4) When we add support for multiple catalogs, this also brings us to allow user to select preferred trains for a catalog. Right now UI shows `charts` train in the UI but this should be configurable and i think the best approach would be to learn what trains user would like to see and we can show them when show apps for a catalog.
5) Allow explicitly syncing catalogs in the UI ( catalog.sync and catalog.sync_all endpoints )
6) Allow users to see summary of a catalog like which trains / apps / versions are not healthy.
I think it would be very nice if we brain storm on how best to accommodate these in the UI and then make some designs before finally going with implementation.