All steps are done through the web GUI.
On top of my boot-pool, which is a pool of its own:
- I create a new pool with two drives (WD80EFBX+ST8000VN004) as mirror:
- zpool status says the pool is ok
- I reboot, everything is ok.
- I create another pool with one drive (SSD370S) as stripe:
- zpool status says both pools are ok
- I reboot, I have errors for both pools
- In the log, events are at 01:05:20 (line 1230-1296).
Using the same three drives, I do three pools of one stripe drive: same issue (log 1022-1135)
Beyond boot-pool, the new pools are empty.
If I go back to one pool, the next startup won't show error on the pool that is left.
I observed this problem in 12.0 U2.1, and I was able to reproduce it in 11.3 U5.
In 11.3 U5, the messages differ, but they happen at the same place in the startup process.
I then imported (but not upgraded) a pool that is a single mirror that is currently running in Nas4Free and that pool also shows the same issues.
The FreeNAS 11.3 U5/TrueNAS 12.0 U2.1 installations are new, drives are new, and pools are new. They are mounted in an HP Microserver Gen 8.
I originally reported my problem in this thread: